Sunday, May 26, 2013

Home... Bummer

We're home. Bummer.

Landed in the ATL around 3:30 yesterday afternoon and were out of the airport; into the car (which I will be turning in on Tuesday); and on I-85 by 5:15. The new international terminal is great. It took a little longer than I would have expected to get through passport control, and the CBP lady there didn't quite understand what I wrote on our customs declaration form (I wrote "prepared foods," probably in error, referring to our trofie pasta, pesto sauce, olive oil), but net-net it was a much more pleasant experience than our previous international arrivals through the old "Concourse E."

We had dinner at Five Guys since we were both craving a cheese burger pretty bad. Mmmmmm..... cheeseburger.

We didn't even attempt to start on our mountain of laundry more than to just extract it from the suitcases and pile it up in front of the laundry closet.

It was all Angela could do to stay up until 9:30, but I got a second wind watching the replay of the UEFA Champions' League finals between Bayern and Dortmund and made it until 11:30. We were both still up and at 'em by 5:30 this morning, though. Thanks goodness we have today and tomorrow to shake the jet lag.

I feel a visit to "Casa des Waffle" this morning...

No word at all on when my vehicle (which I have chosen to name "Heike," in honor of the woman who managed my delivery) will make it up to the port. I'll probably send the shipping company a note tomorrow or Tuesday to inquire.

No comments:

Post a Comment